Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Geo-Referenced Approach Charts Free on FltPlan Go

Passing on this huge announcement from FltPlan.com. They are now offering free geo-referenced approach plates and taxi diagrams! I have used FltPlan Go in the past, and while they have some usability work to go, at this point it could be considered a viable replacement for Foreflight.

 

========================================
Geo-Referenced Approach Charts Free on FltPlan Go
In addition to our Geo-Referenced Taxi Charts, FltPlan Go now has Geo-Referenced Approach Charts for the entire U.S.

Our apps and our digital charts are completely free.

To download FltPlan Go, go to Apple's iTunes Store.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fltplan-go/id694832363?mt=8 

4 comments:

N738QN said...

Did you notice that they are also offering a very cleverly designed pilot check-list on the app? I find the interface to be quite usable.

Craig Gomulka said...

I did not see that feature but thanks for pointing it out!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this app. I am a "poor" pilot and don't have all the cash for all the different subscription app. I literally leaned how to use an EFB on this app. I have been using it for a year. I have tried the other "free trials" of the other subscription services. I deleted them immediately. I actually like fltplan GO better !

Craig Gomulka said...

I really like Fltplan.com's flight planning and filing capabilities. They just take some time to get used to.