Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Condor Aero Flying Club

Thanks to a new friend I made on a recent dirt bike riding trip, who just so happens to be a private pilot as well as an excellent rider, I have now signed on as a member of the Condor Aero Club. After looking around at some of the other schools in the area, this one appealed to me the most, mainly because:
  • one of the few flying clubs around (maybe the only one?)
  • club has been in operation since 1957
  • as a member, you actually become a part owner of the airplanes
  • top notch CFIs and maintenance
  • lower rental rates than any school I've seen
  • 2 Cessna 152 trainers, 4 Cessna 172s, and 1 Piper Arrow - should be no shortage of planes to rent
I just went to the first meeting where I had my first reading as a prospective member. I also met my future CFI for the first time, Mike Woods. Very different guy from the CFI I flew with at Airquest, for one he talks. I think we'll get along fine.

No comments: